There are more Italian restaurants in Lebanon than there is in Italy but PZZA.CO makes the difference
• Their Red Quinoa Salad was SUPERB. It contained red quinoa, green onions and fava beans topped with cranberries and sliced almond in a unique cherry vinaigrette sauce. Till now it is the best quinoa salad we ever had!
Now for the pzzas:• We loved the Margherita pizza. It is the basic pzza served in all Italian restaurants. Pzza.Co made it unique because the dough was perfectly baked and the fresh mozzarella cheese used was so delicious. It contained basil, fresh tomato, and extra virgin olive oil.
• The Contadina is like the Margherita but with extra onions, mushrooms and olives which gave it a spicier, stronger taste.
• The Bresaolo was our favorite. It had thin slices of Bresaola meat, rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan slices. The Bresaola used was premium quality. And the mix of these ingredients altogether was very adequate.
• The Tomato Basil Spaghettini consisted of spaghetti in tomato basil sauce. The spaghetti were perfectly cooked (al dente) and the sauce was excellent. We recommend this plate for pasta lovers.
• The Rigatoni Creamy Bolognese is the tube-shaped pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with minced seasoned beef. It had a tangy garlic taste that made it very appetizing. If you like taking things to the next level skip the Tomato Basil Spaghettini and go for this one.
The dessert was of course the sweetest and most memorable part of our journey.
You may say because it was the last thing we ate? No, but because we never had such a sweet pizza with caramel biscuit and Nutella.
Let's make things clearer, Pzza.Co has 2 different sweet pzzas: the Nutella one and the Biscuit & Caramel one. BUT, they knew it would be torturous to choose between them so they made 1 pzza with both ingredients: half Nutella and half Biscuit & Caramel. This pzza was succulent! If you are sweet lovers you should definitely try it. Oh and did we forget to mention that they serve it each time in a different shape?
Pzza.Co is definitely not the regular Italian pzza restaurant you can find anywhere. If you are curious to know what pzza tastes in Italy, then you need to pay them a visit soon.
Average Price: 25$ per person
Location: Beirut Souks