La Creperie experience in Kaslik
48 Years have passed and La Crêperie is still a landmark and the talk of the town in Lebanon. 4 months ago it opened again after a massive renovation that gave the place a unique charm.
The restaurant is divided into sections each one having its own theme: a cozy section with dim lights warm colors, candles and a chimney, a butterfly section with decorative walls including some stunning butterflies and vivid colors, a bar section and a wonderful outdoor terrace with an amazing view over Jounieh Bay.
The menu has a wide selection. You can choose between 31 kinds of crêpes, salads, appetizers, pastas, main platters that include steak, chicken, burgers, fish and a big variety of desserts.
There is also a kids menu section.
We got the chance to try some of their platters:
• The "Burrata et ses Tomates" is a healthy and tasty salad/appetizer made of fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes and pesto sauce.
• The "Tartare au Saumon" had the right sauce and mix but our only complaint was that the salmon needed to be more fresh and served cold.
• The "Poussin Ecosse Grillé" was a good healthy dish until we got hooked on the yummy fries that accompanied it.
• The "Fillet de Bœuf" was a fine dish. It was served with grilled vegetables and romarain potatoes. We advise you to take the mushroom sauce because it was amazing.
You can't visit La Crêperie without trying their crêpes. We tried their "Indian" and "Maison" from the savory crêpes.
• The "Indian crêpe" was an innovation. It contained cheese, onions, mushrooms and curry spices. It needed a tangy side sauce or a dip because it was dry.
• The "Maison crêpe contained cheese, mushroom, and your choice between turkey or ham. This is a basic crêpe but the quality and the taste of their dough and ingredients made it impeccable.
Now for the desserts:
• Imagine adding whipped cream and crème pâtissière to the crunchiest mille-feuille crust.
The result was the best mille-feuille we ever had especially that it had a strong vanilla taste.
• The "Salade de Fruit" was very refreshing. The fruits were very fresh and the syrup made it very delicious without being sugary.
• The "Cheese cake" was very appetizing thanks to the colorful berries on its top but we would have preferred if the crust was crispy to contrast with the creaminess of the filling. The filling on the other hand was delicious.
• Since we are milk chocolate lovers, their chocolate based desserts were not our preferred because they use dark chocolate.
The "Tarte au Chocolat" was on the borderline acceptable yet it had a bitter taste but the crêpe was not successful at all! We suggest that they give customers the freedom to choose between milk chocolate or dark chocolate knowing that their dough is perfect.
We do recommend La Crêperie for a romantic anniversary or a family celebration. Though their food can be in any other restaurant but the beauty and the charm of this place will enchant you.
Average price: 50$ per person
Location: Kaslik, Lebanon
Phone:71 202 022