Ways to spend a Sunday: #SundayMisk Buffet
Beit Misk, 20 minutes far from Beirut, is organizing Sunday Misk buffet in their backyard lawn. The place is beautiful, you will be seated on grass and sunflowers will enlighten your lunch. Instagram addicts you will have plenty of good photos to share with your friend. Plus there is kids entertainment including crafts, face painting... so dads and mums can eat peacefully.
The buffet includes a variety of salads, lebanese mezza, quiche, live pasta station, Bbq station and hot dishes.
• There was almost every kind of salad we love: Tabbouleh, Fattoush, Quinoa Salad, Greek Salad, Caesar Salad, Rocca Salad, Tuna Salad, and Crab Salad. All the ingredients were extremely fresh. We loved the rocca salad with its generous amount of parmesan and vinaigrette sauce. The ceaser salad was tasty as well with its well marinated grilled chicken.
• The mezza inlcuded hommos, mjadara, fattet batenjan, batata harra, arnabit, baba ghanouj, and many more.
• If all what was said wasn't enough to fulfill your appetite, you can choose between three types of pasta: the pesto pasta, the red sauce pasta or the white sauce pasta. We loved each type but our preferred was the pesto. If you are addicted to cheese like us there is a jar full of shredded cheese to top all your pastas.
• The Bbq station was our favorite part. The chefs prepare your meat for the burger or the hot dog sandwich and it's up to you to finalize it with the sauces or the grilled vegetables. Not to forget the mashewe that consisted of taouk, lahmeh and kafta.
• Now for the "tabekh" lovers, the Moghrabiye and Rez 3a Djej will surely satisfy you. They were generously sprinkled with nuts and chicken which made them very appetizing. For people who haven't tried Moghrabiye yet (as we know many), it is time to do it at Beit Misk because it was very good.
All the cakes were very moist and generously filled with cream.
To end all this, a watermelon piece will be there to refresh you
PS: They change some food items every week and you will be very lucky when it's the week of the red velvet cake.